, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Carrier Relationship Specialist
to join our team.
This candidate does not need to live in the Pittsburgh, PA Area.
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To establish and expand business relationships with new and existing strategic transportation partners for PITT OHIO’s Supply Chain Solutions Department.
- Establish and maintain business relationships with carriers and shippers that support understanding the needs and capabilities of both
- Rapidly expand PITT OHIO Supply Chain’s carrier partnership network and capabilities
- Translate and convey shipper needs to carriers and to the Supply Chain Solutions team
- Negotiate shipping rates with carriers
- Coordinate various IT related functions with PITT OHIO IT counterparts for various carriers including but not limited to:
- Sending FTP files to servers
- Troubleshooting FTP issues
- Providing technical feedback to carriers regarding set up
- Cold call by phone and perform in person visits to various carriers to determine their transportation and logistics capabilities
- Generate various carrier reports related to various data points including (but not limited to) Supply Chain Solutions and related costs
- Create and implement processes and procedures for ongoing carrier development and department efficiency
- Act as carrier escalation point to assist with the resolution of any open issues
- Attend trade shows and other events as needed to present PITT OHIO Supply Chain Solutions
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness to travel extensively, 50-60% of the time to make sales calls, visit existing carriers, and attend trade shows or other events
- Must have an established carrier network and relationships built within that network
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or other related field or a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a related field
- Transportation industry experience is required; 3PL experience is highly preferred
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate, persuade, and influence internal and external customers
- Understanding of IT functions related to transportation services
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Intermediate comprehension of Microsoft Office Software products including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to develop and manage effective relationships with a diverse audience including all levels of internal and external customers
- Must be able to rate transportation costs
- Ability to conduct extensive sales research
- Must have demonstrated initiative in previous roles
- Ability to critically evaluate shipper needs and translate them to carrier capabilities
- Previous sales or carrier customer service/telephone experience preferred
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- High level ability to make business decisions using sound judgment independently and in consultation with management
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Primarily sedentary work. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
including the human body. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May occasionally be exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
- Extensive travel (70-85%) may be required to make sales calls, visit existing carriers, or attend trade shows or other events.
- Overnight travel is required. Overnight travel may average between 8 and 12 nights per month. Must be able to travel by plane, car or public transportation
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.