, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Logistics Coordinator
to join our team at our Corporate
Headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
Act as a coordinator and first point of contact for Supply Chain Solutions accounts and Fast Tracks/Expedites. Coordinate movement of shipments with approved carriers as requested by customers. Responsible for monitoring deliveries and ensuring customer satisfaction
within our Fast Track Department.
- Provide accurate invoicing, metrics, and reports as required for various accounts in a timely manner
- Oversee the daily coordination of drivers, equipment, and safety concerns for dedicated accounts
- Act as a liaison between terminal management, vehicle maintenance, safety and other departments that support the Supply Chain dedicated accounts
- Grow the expedite business by contacting existing and new customers to increase revenues and establish relationships with these customers
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and movement of goods for Expedite
- Negotiate spot quote pricing with customer and carrier for non-repetitive moves
- Enter and monitor loads in our TMS system for Expedite and Transportation Management Accounts
- Proactively handle customer shipment routing requests; act as a coordinator between PITT OHIO, customer and associated carrier
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Provide rate quotes to customers as needed
- Schedule and secure loads in a timely manner
- Research and identify Carriers to expand current partner network in all transportation modes
- Tender the load for transportation and track the shipment from pick up through delivery
- Complete or assist other Supply Chain projects as needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Undergraduate degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business
- Transportation industry experience strongly preferred
- Most possess excellent interpersonal, verbal, written communication skills and have the ability to multi-task
- Intermediate comprehension of Microsoft Office Software products including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with managers, customers, and operations employees
- Previous customer service/telephone experience preferred
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of internal and external customers
- Strong math, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Primarily sedentary work. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
including the human body. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May occasionally be exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.