PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a
Non CDL Driver Apprentice at our Cincinnati, OH Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- Must be willing to advance to a driver position at the completion of the apprentice program.
- No record of a driving license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one at-fault traffic accidents and no more than two motor vehicle violation during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the MVR.
- A minimum of 18 years of age required. Recent high school graduates preferred.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must receive a negative result.
- PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading instructions.
- Must consent to a check on work history.
- Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck, pallet jacks or fork truck.
- Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT requirements or on the dock to prevent damage.
- Heavy lifting of various types of materials will be required: cartons, bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums.
- Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be required.
- Operate safely various non-commercial vehicles.
- As required by law and company policy, inspect the vehicle for defects and safe operating conditions before, during and after trips, and submit a written report on the condition of the vehicle at the end of each trip.
- Check shipping papers to determine the nature of the load and to check for the presence of hazardous materials. Make sure the freight is secured.
- Check for agreement between information on shipping papers and markings and labeling on freight.
- Apply knowledge of safe driving skills in maneuvering vehicle in difficult situations, such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, and tight loading dock areas.
- Ensure that all required shipping documents (manifest, bills of lading, shipping order or freight bills, etc.) are available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies shipment with delivered.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records, and other records required by law.
- Pick up and deliver freight, obtain signed receipts, and sign for freight.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a non-commercial motor vehicle.
- Report all accidents immediately involving driver and/or company equipment.
- Report highway safety hazards to dispatch.
- Promptly report any delays due to breakdowns, weather, traffic conditions, or other emergencies, or in the event of irregularities relating to the pickup or delivery of cargo.
- Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risks and risk to fellow employees.
- Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervision.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.