, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Part Time Worker's Compensation Administrator
our team at our Corporate Headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
. This will be 25 hours per week with flexible hours/days.
We offer competitive compensation, 401K, profit sharing, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To administer corporate worker’s compensation and compliance programs, develop strategies to prevent injuries, and reduce claim cost. Coordinate claims management and settlement for Pitt Ohio and related entities
- Manage worker’s compensation claims, and claims prevention
- Maintain and monitor OSHA logs
- Monitor terminal injury data and review for trends and patterns
- Provide regular analysis to minimize costs and reduce risk exposure
- Monitor claim frequency with established goals
- Develop, monitor and implement training agenda for injury prevention
- Develop administrative strategies to manage claims and attend WC hearings as needed.
- Respond to and file necessary petitions
- Assign vocational rehabilitations, nurse case managers and physical therapists as needed
- Review, approve, and monitor occupational and medical facilities
- Maintain regular communication with management, employees, Safety Trainers, Corporate and Terminal Operational personnel
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Provide and implement training with Safety Personnel, Terminal Managers and Operational personnel.
- Periodically review and update training agendas.
- Prepare materials for meetings
- Assist as necessary with other safety department duties.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Claims management background with 3-5 years of working experience preffered
- Knowledge of legal system, worker’s compensation laws, and medical terminology necessary
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Problem solving and analytical ability is essential
- Some travel may be required.
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.