, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Linehaul Coordinator
to join our team at our
Cheswick, PA Terminal
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
Efficiently monitor the movement of freight, to ensure proper delivery, by closely working with outbound planners to accurately project linehaul schedules
- Develop nightly linehaul plans based on terminals outbound projections
- Ability to improvise and coordinate changes in linehaul schedules between terminals
- Manage the linehaul drivers from the point of departure through their final destination
- Review linehaul performance, projection and relay performance, priority of departures, and departure/arrival performance
- Manage delays, breakdowns, hazardous materials and compliance issues, and relay information.
- Control and communicate the flow of imbalanced freight in our Freight Consolidation Terminals to insure freight reaches final destinations in an efficient and timely matter
- Efficient communication skills and documenting (i.e. communication logs) to communicate priorities between shifts
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Fluent English language skills required to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of LTL trucking operations is required.
- Previous work experience preferred in a LTL environment
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Software products
- Problem solving, analytical ability and good decision-making skills are essential.
- Ability to work an evening and/or night shift schedule. Linehaul Operations is a function that is performed at night.
- Occasional flexibility with work schedule may be required
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.