PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a
Transportation Services Summer Intern at our corporate headquarters in the Strip District area of Pittsburgh, PA.
This internship is ideal for someone interested in a career in the Transportation field.
- Provide Clerical and administrative support for functions necessary to manage the partnership program. This would include but is not limited to:
- Process freight disposition requests from partner carriers.
- Submit Re-bill requests for the purpose of updating our billing system to reflect agreed upon resolutions
- Update PITT OHIO systems accordingly to reflect all agreed upon resolutions. This will include but is not limited to notes in PITT OHIO customer master file, requests for re-bills or voids when necessary,
- Provide Clerical and administrative support in the area of Canadian Customs Clearance
- Work with our Canadian partner to insure that proper documentation is provided
- Provide support to insure that shipment life cycle is completed
- Running of reports to show gaps within the normal shipment life cycle
- Research each instance and update systems accordingly to close gaps. This will include not only systems updates but also document retrieval and scanning.
- Provide support within the department to manage the phone, fax and other communication traffic in support of an efficient environment in the Transportation Services Department.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Minimum QPA of at least 3.0.
- Must be majoring in one of the following areas: Supply Chain Management; Operations; Logistics; Business Management.
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Previous transportation experience a plus
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be proficient in using MS Office and Internet.
- Must possess excellent pro-active phone voice
- Ability to set and accomplish goals by working independently
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and positively manage customer concerns
- Must possess excellent follow-up and organizational skills
- Reasonable math/statistical/numerical/ reporting/presentation skills
- Must be able to work well in a team environment and energetically share ideas and participate in daily Operations functions
- Problem solving, negotiation, and time management skills are essential
To be considered fore employment, please apply online at www.pittohio.com
We offer competitive wages, a pleasant work environment, free parking, and much more!
PITT OHIO values diversity. We encourage minorities and females to join our team!
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.