PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking an Account Profitability Summer Intern. This position is
located at our corporate headquarters in the Strip District area of Pittsburgh, PA.
- Empty Miles Analysis Project
- Determine an effective means of tracking and measuring the number of empty miles our trucks travel daily
- Conduct analysis on the data that is created
- Support Costing department with Freight Density Studies
- Gather information from the terminals about the freight they’re handling by reviewing and cataloging pictures and dimensions of the freight
- Determine profitability of those shipments and customers
- Must be majoring in Mathematics or related field
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0
- Proficiency in MS Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to remain flexible/adaptable and excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Must be able to multi-task
- Ability to learn additional software quickly
- Attention to detail is a must
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
We offer competitive compensation, free parking, pleasant work environment, and much more.
PITT OHIO values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.