, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Data Architect I
to join our team at our Corporate Headquarters
in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We offer 100% employer paid hospital/medical, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
Assists in the modeling and creation of data by evaluating, designing, and implementing company database structure. Identifies data sources, data decomposition, and data flow for mission critical applications; documenting and diagramming the processes. Assists
in the strategic design and implementation activities for business intelligence applications; including integration with databases, data warehouses, and analysis services.
Support Services (50-60%)
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a formal description of company data and data structures; including data definitions, data models, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Analyze data access patterns and suggest solutions for data optimization improvement including partitioning, indexing, query optimization, etc.
- Assists operations, business analysts, and vendors in troubleshooting business service problems and data inconsistency.
- Collaborate with the database team to maintain retention, archiving, backup/recovery, and security of data.
Implementation Services (40-50%)
- Develop, model, and design data architecture solutions, integration, and access in collaboration with database team and other IT groups.
- Work with business analysts and developers to translate business requirements into data definitions.
- Development, implementation, documentation, and enforcement of data management policies, procedures, and standards.
- Researches new technologies and presents recommendations and justifications on moderate to major hardware and software purchases.
- Development and implementation of business intelligence, data warehousing, and OLTP strategies.
- Implementation of changes as requested by analyst and development teams.
- Effectively communicate project status and ensure accuracy of project documentation.
- Timely submissions of daily hours and status reports, salary calendars, and project documentation.
- Drafting support documentation (knowledge base articles).
- Attend and actively participate in team and department meetings.
- Assist and work on enterprise projects as required within IT organization.
- Maintains a high level of technical skill by attending technical seminars, training courses, and completing certifications. Communicates this knowledge to others as required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Up to 2 years of hands-on experience with database modeling, architecture, and implementation in a Microsoft SQL environment.
- Education: Associates Degree in a technical discipline and/or 2+ years of industry experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline.
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to critically analyze and perform troubleshooting of database performance,design and operations
- Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing quality work. Operates effectively within the organizational structure and demonstrates the ability to work independently, perform well under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to lead others and be a positive influence and role model in a fast paced team environment is required
- High level of expertise in the following areas:
- Microsoft SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012)
- SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services)
- SOA (Service-Oriented Architecture) --Biztalk experience not required but a plus
- Complex SQL query writing
- ETL/data transformation methods and implementation
- Data virtualization, analytics, and integration techniques
- Conceptual data modeling techniques
- Data performance optimization and modeling
- Working knowledge of Microsoft based desktop & server operating systems (Windows 2000, 2003, XP, 7, 2008, 2012).
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project.
- Experience interacting with PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Microsoft Access. Is preferred but not required
- Understanding/experience with cloud based integration services and providers is preferred.
- High level of experience using service desk tools for ticket management.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
- Must be able to telecommute effectively.
- Travel to remote locations (several times a year) may be required.
- Schedule flexibility is a must (weekends, after hours).
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more.
PITT OHIO values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to join our team! EOE M/F/V/D