PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Help Desk Technician I to join our team at our Corporate
Headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The typical hours for this position will be
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To provide 1st level help desk support to the end users. The primary function is to document and troubleshoot hardware and software support issues via the phone and email and then escalate when necessary.
- Provided technical support to end users and business groups via phone and email
- Assist users by troubleshooting and resolving operating system, application and hardware issues
- Provide technical support to remote users connecting through Citrix and VPN
- Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution
- Monitor team queue for new issues, and utilize ticket management software to appropriately assign tickets
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Assist Senior level technicians with various tasks when needed
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Two year technical degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 0 to 1 years of Help Desk experience
- Working knowledge of Windows 7/10 operating systems
- Ability to use and support the Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Problem solving and analytical ability is essential
- Displays a high level or effort and commitment to performing work; performs effectively within the organization structure, demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior
- Weekend and night hours occasionally required.
- Primarily sedentary work. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. May be occasionally required to exert up to 10 pounds of force and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
including the human body. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- The general office environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are minimal hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Environment includes co-workers talking on the phone within close proximity.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions and protected for weather conditions and extreme temperature change.
- Visual Acuity including regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com