, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking to fill a
Vehicle Claims Adjuster
position at our Corporate Office in Pittsburgh, PA.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, 401K, profit sharing, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- Fleet accident claims management and mitigation from initial claim to resolution
- Take accident calls; assign adjuster as necessary; coordinate investigation, validity of claim, request police and other reports. Determine level of investigation necessary; process claim; provide updated status and administer until resolution
- Maintain comprehensive accident files, both paper and electronically, for review monthly and quarterly.
- Maintain accident claims frequency within established goals
- Provide accident analysis data to senior trainers and management for analysis, review for trends, and provide suggestions to the senior trainers for education, training and prevention
- Update claim information as necessary and claim reserves with approval from VP of Safety & Risk Management.
- Provide written suggestions and input to reduce accidents and save costs
- Present facts to senior trainers for determination and prepare determination letters in a timely manner; Identify at-risk employees
- Investigate case management and negotiate settlement through interaction with claimant, third parties and attorneys with approval and as directed.
- Work with and maintain regular communication with management, Senior Trainers, Terminal Managers and Supervisors and advice when DDC/Smith System Programs are needed.
- Responsible for subrogation of Pitt Ohio and related entities claims for reimbursement.
- Work in a positive manner to meet company expectations.
- Ability to react to change and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Provide phone coverage as needed within the Safety department
- Available as required for emergency response for accident situations and other safety needs
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- 3–5 years experience in Claims Management and Administration is required
- Must possess knowledge of legal system and claim litigation
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products
- Working knowledge of statistical pattern trends and frequencies is required
- Problem solving and analytical ability is essential
- Must possess strong typing / data entry skills
- Must maintain knowledge of regulatory issues and changes and Corporate compliance
- Travel may be required
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .