PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking to fill a Part-Time Administrative Clerk position at our
Corporate Office in Pittsburgh, PA. Flexible Schedule 25-30 hours per week.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, 401K, profit sharing, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- Review driver qualification files for compliance with FMCSA and company policy.
- Scan file documents into the safety database utilizing computer and scanner.
- File required paperwork in appropriate files.
- Assist with data entry into safety database.
- Enter position change workflows, driver license information, medical card expirations into safety database
- Create and audit corporate driver qualification files
- React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Maintain monthly spreadsheet of files needed and information still required for completion of file
- Process Motor Vehicle Records when requested and complete employment verification requests when requested
- Complete Safety projects as needed
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications including Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Proficient in the use of Window Operating System
- Previous administrative experience preferred but not required
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Basic experience with database applications (e.g., MS Access or SQL)
- Must possess basic analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must possess the willingness to be mentored by experienced professionals to execute job responsibilities
- Ability to maintain exceptional degree of discretion regarding confidential information
- Ability to work individually and function as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all levels of internal and external customers
- Ability to view problems as challenged to be positively addressed and solved
- Flexibility with changing job duties
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Hours may vary depending on department needs. No weekend hours and minimal overtime required
- Quiet to moderate noise level
- Daily movement between two floors
- Primarily sedentary work – may be required to lift up to 25 pounds or exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are only required occasionally.
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.