PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking an Outbound Supervisor at our Glen Burnie, MD Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- Delegating pickup and delivery times to drivers to fully utilize the company’s time
- Handle various customer needs, freight types, and space availability issues
- Adjust freight schedules adequately according to change
- Continuously administer freight problems, driver locations and driver communication on a daily basis
- Assist drivers on any issues, or direct them to proper management about the issue
- Determine driver locations according to key times
- Administer weekly/daily meetings with drivers on company/customer issues.
- Review head loads, volumes, overall tonnages, and ETA’s on returning drivers with outbound planner. Immediately notify outbound planner of any sudden changes.
- Communicate to the Sales Department and Terminal Manager of any customer and/or operational issues
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Fluent command in the English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Previous operations experience in LTL trucking industry is required.
- Strong communication skills.
- Motivated, problem solving and analytical thinking required.
- Must be able to handle customer demands in positive and professional manner at all times.
- Ability to plan and adjust continuously to customer needs, time constraints and equipment problems.
- Setting affirmative expectations through positive motivation and instructive discipline is critical
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to both interior and exterior environment including exposure to inclement weather conditions and exhaust fumes from vehicles.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. Frequently exposed to loud noises including dock and office machinery, telephones, and conversations of others.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com