, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Recruitment Specialist
to join our team at our Corporate
Headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
We offer competitive compensation, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To attract, recruit and retain talent into the talent pipeline for various operational and management positions. Focused recruitment initiatives for driver and dockworker positions in the company.
- Responsible for the execution of full life-cycle recruiting for various positions through contact with relevant organizations
- Screen, evaluate, and qualify diverse candidates for driver, dockworker, and various other positions. Support HR and Operations staff with onboarding new employees including completing employment verifications and reference checks
- Develop new and creative recruitment strategies, techniques, and resources which increase applicant flow
- Measure the effect of various recruitment strategies through metrics and reporting
- Attend job fairs and similar events across the system to recruit, promote career opportunity awareness, and advance the company brand
- Collaborate with various school districts to develop and implement a career opportunities program within the transportation industry
- Manage relationships with key resources including secondary schools, post-secondary schools, and community organizations to enhance brand awareness and to create opportunities to recruit top talent in the transportation industry
- Serve as the point of contact for candidates and educational institutions
- Assist with various HR initiatives and processes
- Assist with conducting new hire orientation
- Maintain contact with new hires during their first year of employment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Marketing, Sales or Communication or a minimum of 1-3 years of equivalent HR experience
- 2-3 years of full-cycle recruiting experience within an transportation, industrial, or manufacturing environment
- Ability to build strong relationships and develop/maintain networks
- Must be a team player
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize work
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Federal, state, and local laws related to HR and recruiting
- Must be competent and proficient in Microsoft Office Software products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience using various job search engines (e.g., Social Media, electronic job boards) to identify potentially qualified candidates
- Previous Applicant Tracking Software experience preferred
- Ability to make recruiting, branding, and sales presentation to individuals and groups
- Must possess intermediate analytical and critical thinking skills
- Understanding of DOT driver hiring requirements
- Must possess the willingness to be mentored by experienced professionals to execute job responsibilities
- Ability to maintain exceptional degree of discretion regarding confidential information
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required
- Position requires up to 50% travel within the direct service territory
- Schedule flexibility is a must - weekends, after hours as required
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Sedentary work – exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of forces frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
Walking and standing are only required occasionally
- Close visual acuity is required to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing computer terminal, and extensive reading.
- Typical exposure to interior environmental conditions like air conditioning and dust; no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
- Talking and hearing required to communication with and listen to others to share or receive information. May be occasionally exposed to noise including telephone, office machinery, and conversations of others.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic
data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.