, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Full-Time Class A CDL Truck Driver
Greencastle, PA Terminal
. This is a dedicated
service domiciled at a customer location.
Shifts available: Mon- Fri 7am-3pm and 3pm-11pm with occasional Saturday's.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no weekly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
- A minimum age of 23 years of age.
- All Class A drivers must have a minimum of two years’ experience (approximate 100,000 miles) as a driver of a commercial / non-commercial motor vehicle similar to the type utilized by PITT OHIO.
- All Drivers must pass a PITT OHIO driving test administered by an approved PITT OHIO Trainer.
- All Drivers except sprinter truck drivers will be required to possess Haz-Mat and Tanker endorsements on their current valid driver's license issued by the resident state in which they reside.
- All drivers to possess only one valid driver's license issued by the resident state of the driver. Operators who have recently transferred from another state must produce a copy of the former license or provide license information for verification from
that state. Drivers will need to provide information on all previous held licenses within the past 36-month period.
- No record of a driving license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay and or failure to appear will be considered provided that
there was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time period.
- No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
- No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the MVR.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
- Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must receive a negative result.
- PITT OHIO must receive a negative controlled substance and alcohol result from prior employer(s) for the past three-year period. No prior evidence of controlled substance use.
- There must be no instance of refusal to submit to an Alcohol or Controlled Substance test within the past 3-year period including a pre-employment test.
- Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30 days or more must be indicated and explained, you may be asked to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
- Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations.
- You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center Job Opportunities page and apply for this job, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.
- Drives a commercial vehicle safely while spotting empty and full trailers.
- Load and unload truck either individually or with assistance of dockworkers. Mechanical freight handling equipment may be used where available and appropriate.
- Perform frequent lifting, pulling, pushing and carrying of freight.
- Driver(s) to shuttle freight at customer plant location as well as to a nearby warehouse.
- Securing of freight may be required through strapping or other methods.
- Inspect the vehicle and trailers for defects and safe operating conditions as required by law and company policy.
- Comply with all Federal requirements regarding the transportation of Hazardous Materials.
- Drive tractor/trailer in all conditions in accordance with federal regulations, normally in periods of driving within hours of service limitations, followed by an off-duty period as required by regulatory requirements.
- Maintain records required for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver's logs and other records required by law.
- Perform all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures, and comply with all federal, state and local regulations for the safe operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.